Monday, August 4, 2008

Birthday Cake

This past weekend was spent celebrating two birthdays. Saturday was my cousin's 11th birthday. Sunday was my Grandma's 80th birthday. We had cake at both occasions. I ate cake both times.
We also had "real" ice cream on Saturday. I could tell that it had been a long time since I had that.

The birthday parties were about 4 hours from where I live. My brother was in town visiting from L.A. So Saturday morning, the hottest day of the year, we loaded into my little two door sunfire. It was my husband, brother, and myself. I'm the shortest so I had to take the backseat. It was 100+ degrees outside and the A/C in the car couldn't keep up. We ran into lots of road construction and 2 accidents. Our trip that should have taken 4 hours, took about 5.5 hours. It was a little stressful.

My mom and I woke up early on Sunday (5:30 a.m.) and got our long run in (12 miles) before the event-filled day. Needless to say, the long run really helped ease some tension.

Now it's Monday and I'm back on track. I hate getting derailed on the weekends. It's so difficult for me to keep focus while out of town. I think the majority of my problem is mental. I feel somewhat out of control when I'm not making decisions on when or what we're eating. I know you can always make healthy choices but I have a mental block when I'm not at home. I'd say that's a good goal to work on :)


No comments: