this ice cream cone.
this slice (or 5 slices) of pizza.
any food I want because I worked out so hard.
any food I want because my day was shitty.
These deserve statements are what I am used to. I've used them too many times to count. I'm attempting to change my mindset to something along the lines of:
I DESERVE to be happy. I DESERVE to be proud of myself. I DESERVE to be healthy.
I don't deserve food. Everyone gets food, it's a necessity. I don't think I'll ever get to the point of viewing food as "only fuel" like some have. I'd like to...but I enjoy it too much :) For now, I'll practice my new DESERVE statements.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yes!!! You are so right. We can accomplish so much if only we re-write some of our thoughts. How about: "I deserve to exercise today" or "I deserve a manicure" or "I deserve to have strong muscles."
I'm going to try and become more aware of everytime I have that "deserve" feeling with food and reframe it. Good for you for being aware of it!
Post a Comment