Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Haircut, a Dress, and Drinks


I have donated my hair to Locks of Love in the past...and was growing out my hair to donate again. I had a plan to cut my hair once I was closer to my goal weight. Last Thursday I had an appointment for just a trim. My hair had been bugging me for quite some time. When I got to the salon, I asked my hair stylist to measure to see if I had enough to donate. She said I did. So I made an impulse decision and chopped it off. 9 inches gone (to charity). And even though my original plan was to wait...I'm glad I did it. I really needed a change and have gotten lots of compliments. The new look has given me a "fresh start" attitude and more confidence. I'll try to figure out how to post a picture of it :) (See left, complete with fish/kiss face)

Speaking of more confidence, I went to a wedding this past weekend and finally was able to wear a cute dress! I have lots of cute dresses in my closet just waiting to be worn. Until this weekend, I dreaded every wedding that I was invited to. The main reason was because I knew I'd have to wear a skirt, camisole, and a cardigan because none of my dresses fit. In fact, one of my main "motivators" for losing weight was weddings. There's nothing worse than trying to get ready for a wedding and realizing you have nothing that looks nice. Ugh. But this one was different. I felt great until....

My husband and I ran up quite the bar tab. We had a great time and spent way too much money but the biggest let down for me was how I felt afterwards. I wasn't that hungover or anything but it just felt gross to know I had all that alcohol in my system. Not to mention I had drank quite a bit the weekend before and on the previous Thursday. I am simply too old for all of this drinking!! I will say that I didn't munch...at all. This is a big change from my college drinking days ;) I'm not a big drinker now. In fact, I hardly ever drink. It's fun, but it's really amazing the effect that it can have on your body. I just felt much more sluggish and tired. I'm looking forward to a calm, quiet weekend this weekend with lots and lots of water ;)

I am not beating myself up too much over the alcohol points or a possible gain this week either. It is what it is. Life happens and I'm in control now.


1 comment:

DJ said...

Hey! I totally understand what you mean about not being able to drink the same way (and not being as fun). Congrats on being able to wear a nice dress to the wedding! I am fighting to fit back into some dresses I bought as well!